Friday, February 1, 2013

Is free money really that hard to spend?

Earlier this month I made a discovery: the cloth training pants and other diapers I purchased from Diaper Junction (aff link) had earned me "Stash Cash".  I had earned back 5% of my purchase in the form of a gift certificate to the store and was looking at about $17 of free money to spend.  I've been all over the board about what to do with my free money.  Should I order something I've always wanted but could never justify purchasing?  Should I get something practical?  We have a newborn on the way, but thanks to a good supply of cloth diapers from our first child we don't have any immediate diapering "needs."  I'm being so incredibly indecisive about it that I've created a list of my top five products under $20 in hopes that someone will help persuade me about which way to go: practical, or indulgent. 

Practical


Hemp doublers (BabyKicks- Joey Bunz Hemparooz): Hemp is a wonderfully absorbent material.  It tends to absorb moisture more slowly, but hold onto that moisture extremely well.  Hemp doublers are amazing for overnight or nap time.

Kissaluvs Booster diaper doubler (3 pack):
Diaper doublers that don't add much bulk.


Indulgent:


FuzziBunz Elite in Spearment:
We have a ton of these and already know we like them.  Another one of our favorite diapers couldn't hurt, right?

BumGenius 4.0 in Albert:
BumGenius is another one of our favorites, and I know this would be a great night-time diaper.

Blueberry Newborn fitted: I'm getting sucked into these adorable prints and the appeal of an absorbent night-time option for our new baby.


Of course there is always the option to save my free money to use on a gift!  The possibilities are endless... decisions, decisions.
 

If someone gave you $20 to spend on diapers, what would you purchase? Cloth Diaper Blog Hop 2013

10 comments:

  1. I would get some prefolds a pack of snappis and if there was left over I would get a cover from the seconds or the clearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a smart buy! You can never have enough prefolds. In addition to making fabulous diapers, they are also great burp cloths, and you can even stuff them into the pockets of pocket diapers.

      Delete
  2. I would really like to get some GMD clotheeze flats to use this May in the Flats Challenge. So that is what I would do with an extra $20 to use on cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad to hear there are others participating in the flats challenge.

      Delete
  3. I would buy Bumgenius with aplix in Dazzle. That purple color is to die for, and I am only just building my stash, so I need all the free diapers I can get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love BumGenius! I don't have the dazzle, and our second child is going to be a boy. Poor kiddo is going to be wearing several pink and purple diapers from his big sis :).

      Delete
  4. I would get some extras that I either forget about or justify not buying. Things like diaper cream, wet bags or rockin green hard rock detergent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Detergent definitely crossed my mind too.

      Delete
  5. i totally want to try a swaddlebee newborn.. looks so cute. and awesome prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Swaddlebee one-size diapers! I agree- they have some of the best prints.

      Delete