- No need to shop: You may have spent hours researching, price comparing, and ultimately purchasing the diapers needed for your first child. Now you can relax and enjoy all that hard work you put in: this time you don't need to buy a thing. Some cloth diapering parents will choose to purchase a few additional diapers for baby #2, but now these parents are experienced and knowledgeable about making these purchases.
- No experimenting with laundry: You've already tried several different laundering procedures and have settled into a good wash routine. There is no need to experiment with different detergents, and no need to post instructions in your laundry room.
- Less excitement: It's not that you're uninterested in cloth diapering your second child, however you're probably less likely to be telling everyone you know that you're planning on cloth diapering. Cloth diapering is just another thing that goes along with caring for a baby.
- No practicing: You may have performed multiple diaper changes on stuffed animals, or studied picture guides on how to fold a prefold. Now you're an expert, and you've had more than enough practice changing diapers over the past few years.
- Less advice: People may have been ready to pounce on you with advice and suggestions about how to parent your first child. Now that you're a second time parent, you'll have less unwanted information coming your direction. However, that shouldn't discourage you from asking questions about cloth diapering when you need advice.
- More adventurous: You may want to cloth diaper your second child while in the hospital (something you never even considered with your first), or take cloth diapers with you on a camping trip. Now that you have confidence in your ability to use and be successful with cloth diapers, there are no limits to what you may be interested in trying for your second baby.
- More willing to DIY: You know you can save even more money by using DIY wetbags, wipes and other products. You may be more willing to try some DIY projects before your second child arrives.
|The great thing about cloth diapers is that they can be used for multiple children. You may not need to buy any more diapers for subsequent children, however many people do end up adding a few diapers to their stash.|
This post contains an affiliate link to Kelly's Closet