Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Big Thanks as I go Back to Work

Today is a big occasion at our household: it's the end of my maternity leave.  The past 12 weeks have gone by surprisingly quickly and baby has grown a lot since his birth.  I talked about his birth here, and "little guy" has continued to make a big impact on our family. He is exclusively breastfed, cloth diapered, weighs in at the 97th percentile, and is very alert.  He enjoys smiling, babbling, splashing in the bathroom sink, and observing what's happening around him.  He is a relaxed and happy baby.

My almost-3-year-old daughter has also matured quite a bit during my leave.  At first, it was tough for her to leave her daycare friends for a quieter time at home with me.  However, she grew to appreciate the extra time with family and has really bonded with her little brother.


Writing for Cloth Diaper Guru has definitely kept me sane during my maternity leave.  Coming home was a big adjustment for me as well, and there were many days when the introvert in me just wanted a few moments to myself.  Reflecting, thinking, and writing has kept me from feeling overwhelmed with being a second-time parent.  I have really appreciated the support from all my readers during these past few weeks, and I do hope you will continue to follow along with me.  I look forward to new stories and perspectives that I will gain in the coming months. 
-Nissa

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad that you kept up the blogging during your time of rest! looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete