Monday, February 10, 2014

Boba Organic Teething Pads #Review

When you carry your baby in your baby carrier, he will be naturally inclined to give it a nice tasting.  This can result in damage to your carrier (chew marks), staining, or a soggy carrier.  When I carried my baby in his Boba (aff link) 3G baby carrier, he was always finding ways to put his mouth onto the carrier straps.  Some days the carrier would develop large wet spots on both sides where his mouth could reach.  Trying to prevent him from mouthing at the carrier was almost impossible.  I would turn his head only to have him sucker on to another part of the carrier.  My baby wasn't teething, he was just doing what all babies do: put everything into their mouths.


When I planned to get my Boba 4G carrier I was already aware that I needed the Boba Teething Pads to protect the carrier.  As expected, the first time into the carrier my baby tested out the taste and feel of the straps.  Thankfully, this time the straps were protected by the teething pads.
  
When you purchase a good-quality baby carrier, you want to keep it looking nice and functioning well for many years. Boba does not recommend washing the baby carriers because soap or agitation in a washing machine could impact the durability of the carrier. This is the same reason car seat makers do not recommend washing car seats: soap can weaken straps and fabrics.  When your baby carrier gets wet or stained, you should spot-clean or do a gentle water-only rinse by hand.  If your baby is repeatedly mouthing at the same area of the carrier, Boba Teething Pads can make a significant difference in keeping your carrier looking new and functioning well.






The Organic Teething pads are very soft, easy to put on, and well-made.  I always find that organic cotton fabric feels softer than non-organic fabrics.  It is comforting to know that these 100% cotton teething pads are free from dyes and harsh chemicals that I don't want my baby ingesting. The teething pads are reversible and you can have the Boba label showing or not showing. To secure the teething pads, simply snap the pads around the carrier straps. These metal snaps are more durable than plastic, but those with metal allergies should avoid them. The teething pads are also finished with a secure edging that prevents fraying.  These well-made straps are intended to be washed frequently and are made to sustain agitation in the washing machine.

I was very glad we received the Organic Teething Pads with our 4G carrier. It's very important to be able to use my carrier without worrying about drool or spit-up staining and damaging my carrier.  For babies who drool a lot, you can keep two sets of teething pads and change pads when they become saturated during outings.  I love that Boba has an option to help protect our carriers and keep them functioning well for many years.



Disclosure: I’m a Boba Ambassador. I participate in Boba events and online conversations, and receive thank you gifts for my participation, but all opinions and experiences expressed are
my own.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I need these! But my LO doesn't love being worn. I think it's the deafness. He is constantly wiggling to try and see things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, have you tried wearing him in a back carry? That would give him a better view of his surroundings and allow him to interact with others.

      Delete
  2. Drool pads are a total must on carriers during the teething phase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I loved how I had no issue getting baby to pose with these chew pads: "MUST EAT... nom nom!" We also discovered the teething pads are awesome for protecting the carrier from marinara sauce at Costco 'Sample Saturdays' ha ha.

      Delete
  3. I really *wanted* to love babywearing, but never quite fell for it as a long term venture. I never could get my high end carrier to fit. So jealous of those of you who have them and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Babies love chewing on anything near their mouths, so why not give your kiddo something acceptable to chew on during babywearing!

    ReplyDelete