Monday, July 7, 2014

BALM! BABY Diaper Balm #Review: eczema and diaper rash

Green Team Distribution recently gave me the opportunity to try BALM! Baby, Diaper Balm ointment. Baby E has very sensitive skin (with moderate eczema) and I'm always interested in trying new products that can help soothe rashes. BALM! Baby is a diaper rash and first aid ointment, but it has many uses.

All Organic Ingredients: ALL ORGANIC: Olive, coconut, macadamia nut oil & sesame seed oil infused in noni, calendula, chamomile, comfrey & rosemary, candelilla wax, St. John’s wort extract, chickweed extract, neem oil, kukui nut oil**, vitamin e T-50, Organic Essential oil blend of orange, lavender & tea tree

Price: $9.95 (at Kelly's Closet, aff link)

When I first opened the BALM! Baby container, I was worried that it wouldn't last very long. It's two ounces, and Baby E can easily go through a lot of cream/ointment. However, I quickly discovered that a little of this ointment goes a long way. The ointment is soft, so you can easily get only as much as you need. I focused on areas where rash was present: diaper area, and eczema on his face and neck. I really liked how baby E's face responded to the ointment. I only needed to apply the ointment once a day on his face and neck, but I applied 1-2 times a day for diaper rash (with keeping up with frequent diaper changes). We haven't even used a third of the container and we have been using it for almost a month!



I felt like BALM! Baby was effective and worth the money to get key ingredients.  Our doctor recommended trying different products to see what would help Baby E's eczema.  While many products claim to have benefits for people with eczema, they are filled with other ingredients that can irritate the skin. Products are sometimes extremely overpriced (especially when advertised to people with eczema), so it was refreshing to see a product like this for an affordable price.  I also loved that BALM! Baby was not strongly scented with essential oils.  Essential oils can also cause irritation for people with eczema, and I thought this product had a good balance of ingredients and a mild scent. 



BALM! Baby is also advertised as a first aid ointment.   We had many opportunities to test it on small "boo-boos" and the kids loved it.  It was refreshing to be able to offer this as an alternative to an unneeded bandage.  I heard no complaints about burning or stinging when I applied the BALM! Baby ointment to the kids' scratches and small cuts.

We had a great experience with BALM! Baby, and this is definitely a product that I'm keeping bookmarked for easy re-ordering.  After over a year of struggling with eczema on Baby E's face, things are finally starting to clear up and improve.  He has not had any weeping eczema in over two weeks and we have not needed to use any steroid creams on his face (yay!!). I'm not sure if it's the BALM! Baby ointment, but something seems to be working and I'm so grateful!  I'm happy to have stumbled upon this product.  

Visit Green Team Distribution to find a list of retailers supplying BALM Baby products.  

Disclosure: We were provided a free product for the purpose of this review. This review reflects our honest opinions about this product.  Consult your doctor for treating eczema and diaper rashes. Results will vary, and we make no health claims about this product.

2 comments:

  1. My son struggles with eczema and Balm! baby is one of the products that has been a big help for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about BALM baby and want to try some one of these days! We have eczema here too. It's a constant struggle!

    ReplyDelete